Other Legal Forms
Miscellaneous legal forms, templates and contracts
Beyond the most commonly accessed standardized legal forms online—wills, power of attorney forms and lease forms—there are many other legal forms available for download on the Internet. These documents can help protect your rights and interests in a wide variety of situations.
Both businesses and individual citizens have occasional or ongoing needs for legal forms, and the cost of hiring a lawyer to write them on your behalf is, in many cases, simply too expensive. Rather than sink hundreds or even thousands of dollars into hiring an attorney, you can simply access standard legal forms on the Internet. These forms are legally binding and written in legal language, providing you and other involved parties with full protection.
Other Legal Forms to Download and Use
Some of the other legal forms that are commonly sought on the Internet include:
- Affidavits. An affidavit is a notarized or witnessed statement of facts that can be used as evidence in court or as a means to get a declaration on a confidential legal document.
- Cease-and-desist letters. When trademarked or copyrighted property is being used by an unauthorized party for unauthorized purposes, it is necessary to send a cease and desist letter asking the party to stop. This is a necessary step, as it is not usually possible to launch an infringement lawsuit without first sending a cease-and-desist request.
- Child medical consent forms. These forms are used by parents and legal guardians to authorize medical procedures for their children.
- Medical records release forms. Your medical file is confidential. If you want or need to show it to another party for any reason, a medical records release form is needed. Without one, your medical file cannot be released to the intended party.
- U.S. citizenship applications. If you want to become a legal United States resident or citizen, you must file a US citizenship application with the federal government.
- Name change kits. If you want to legally change your name, using a name change kit is probably the easiest, fastest and least expensive way to do it.
Many other legal forms are available online in addition to these, and they are safe and easy to use under most normal circumstances. If you prefer, you can get an attorney to look over the form prior to signing or filing it, just to give you the added peace of mind that comes with knowing you're protected under the law.