Find sample legal documents online
Many people use standardized legal documents and legal forms when they need legally binding contracts. Legal documents are available for a complete range of situations and are highly useful if you're entering into a customary agreement with another party and don't need to attach a lot of terms, conditions and exceptions, or special directives.
Free legal documents are just as effective as contracts drawn up by an attorney and are fully recognized by the court system in the event of a dispute. The major advantage of using legal documents online is that you will save a great deal of money compared to the cost of hiring legal services. While you will usually need to pay a small fee to access blank legal documents online, these costs are minimal, and much less than the hourly rates you'll pay if you retain an attorney.
Using Sample Legal Documents
Some of the legal forms and legal documents you can access online include:
- Wills. Whether you want to draw up your last will and testament or give an advance healthcare directive, online wills can ensure your wishes are met.
- Power of attorney forms. If you need to temporarily or permanently authorize someone else to make financial or medical decisions on your behalf, you can get power of attorney forms to help you.
- Rental, lease and real estate forms. Whether you're a landlord or a tenant, a buyer or a seller, these forms protect your interests and rights when you do property-related business or make a formal arrangement.
- Debt forms. Protect yourself whenever you lend money by using debt forms.
- Service agreements. If you're a contractor, or if you're hiring a contractor, service agreements ensure both parties have a clear understanding of what is expected.
- Cohabitation forms. When you get a new roommate, it's a good idea to protect yourself and spell out exactly who is responsible for what in your living arrangement.
- Divorce forms. Using standardized prenuptial agreements, legal separation agreements and divorce forms can save you thousands of dollars in legal fees.
You can also access and download precisely worded legal clauses to add to your agreements if you need additional terms and conditions.